The Nissan Rogue is among the well-known & family-friendly vehicles currently available. The Rogue’s cargo storage and seating options are extremely adaptable. For a more modest subcompact SUV. It is Nissan’s most popular vehicle. This SUV is versatile.
However, is there a third seating line/row in Nissan Rogue?
There are some Nissan Rogue models with third-row seating, but others don’t. A “Family Package” with the 3rd row of passenger seats was once one of the Rogue’s distinctive features. This option was available on Nissan Rogues in the 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 model years. In a given year, the 3rd row was an option on some trim levels, like the S/SV. There was no third row available on the SL trims or Hybrid models. Fortunately, we have assembled all the data you want with regards to picking a family-accommodating SUV with third-column seating, explicitly all that you want to be aware of, the Nissan Rebel inside and third-line seating. Nissan Rogue is a small SUV that was made to make driving exciting. It’s important to know how many people can fit inside, even if you want as many people as possible. If you’re thinking about buying this vehicle but you really need the third line of the seat, the models from 2013 to 2017 have them. There has never been a reintroduction of a third-line of the seat in models after 2018.
Does Nissan Rogue Have Seats in the Third Row?
There is no third row of seating in the most recent model year of the Nissan Rogue. Though, previously there were a number of Rogue models with seating for seven people in the third row. The second generation of the Nissan Rogue model comes equipped with third-row seating. Let’s examine the seven-seat options in greater detail. Here, one can see how many cubic feet of cargo space every Nissan Rogue has.
- The 1st generation Nissan Rogues was introduced in 2008 & remained in production until 2013. Numerous changes were made at this point. Though, there were just two lines of seats, giving passengers a total of five seats. Some of the years were:
In 2011, it was also decided that a facelift would be given to Rogue without significantly altering the mechanical design as a whole. Navigation systems were also added, necessitating a shift in the centre console.
- Nissan Rogue of the 2nd Generation: This is the only model with a third-line seat. Seven passengers now make up the total number of passengers. Since it was an alternative, it was not standard. These are the second-generation models:
Nissan also made the decision to give the car a facelift in 2017 to give it a sharper, more aggressive appearance. If you’re looking for an SUV with a third row, you should look for S & SV trims because that was when it had the third row. In the case where you would want to fold one/both of the seats down to make more space for cargo, the third row was also available in a 50/50 configuration. The Nissan Rogue’s second generation was one of its best, with long lists of improvements.
- Third Generation of Nissan Rogue: The 3rd era is the ongoing age accessible for Nissan Rogue. Nissan has decided to eliminate the third-row option in 2021. Therefore, there are no more recent Nissan Rogues with third-row seating. As a result, the maximum number of passengers was reduced once more to five. The number of passengers was reduced once more to five for a variety of reasons. Nissan did, however, introduce a slightly larger size of the engine. Check the Nissan Rogue’s engine size. It was sufficient to accommodate the entire family in a small SUV even as you’re still providing ample space for passengers & cargo. Since most minimized SUVs just have two columns, the Rogue could be easily ordered as one. Nissan has recommended that customers should upgrade to Nissan Pathfinders if they want a 3rd row that can seat seven people.
All the models of Nissan Rogue with third-row seats were discontinued in 2018 and replaced with the modern interior upgrade to create a more recent SUV that is family-friendly. There was no third-line seat in either the SL trim or the Hybrid model. For the years 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017, some trim levels of the Nissan Rogue, like the S/SV, come equipped with third-row seating for passengers. In most models, the family package costs about $1000 more; this is lesser than what the larger SUV costs. However, despite the fact that it can recline & fold flat to provide storage and versatility, the leg & headroom for the passenger in this extra row weren’t ideal, so it will be comfortable only for kids, which is not bad considering that this vehicle is primarily advertised as a family car. However, by using the third row, half of its storage space was wasted. Many tracked down the third column in the Rebel to be a little and somewhat futile choice, which led to its expulsion in 2018 to zero in more on making a more agreeable and extensive interior of the Rogue.
Well-known Nissan Family vehicles
If your family is large, a 3rd-row seat is compulsory so you can travel anywhere safely and without stress. It is essential to have a built-in seat available without sacrificing comfort, storage, or cargo space. Although 3rd-row seating might appear to be an extremely useful feature needed in your car so that you will never be short of seats again, it frequently comes at an additional cost. The Nissan Rogue models after 2018 are highly sought-after because the best vehicles with 7-8 seats are mostly found in larger SUVs, which are more expensive. If you want to add more seats regardless, you might want to know which other family vehicles Nissan has with 3rd-row seats. Let’s check some other cars that Nissan has with more seating options.
Nissan Armada is a full-size five-door SUV that has been produced since 2003. It is presently in its 2nd generation, and the 2021 revival includes the addition of security Shield 360, Android Auto & Apple CarPlay & also more horsepower in the bases S 5.6 L V8. Despite having fewer fancy features than previous models, the largest car in Nissan’s lineup easily accommodates eight adult passengers in comfort and space.
This has been in existence since 1985. It has been sold in a variety of classes, including mid-sized SUVs, compact SUVs, and full-size SUVs, as well as new great seating systems that let you easily adjust the amount of space in your car to meet your needs. The Pathfinder is highly adaptable thanks to the “EZ Flex Seating Systems” & “LATCH AND GLIDE” systems, both of which were produced having the family in mind. These systems provide an extra 5″ of legroom to the 2nd & 3rd rows and are adaptable to accommodate children’s car seats inside the gliding systems.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of selecting a Nissan Rogue that has 3rd-row seats?
Nissan Rogue is a compact SUV. It was among the few crossovers with 3rd-row seating and was regarded as a subcompact SUV. There was a trim level called “Family Package” that came with the option of adding 3rd third row. We were wondering how they managed to fit in that 3rd row when the majority of people did not. The advantages and disadvantages of 3rd-row seats are as follows:
Benefits of the third row:
- The Family Package increases the number of seats from five to seven for passengers.
- The cost of purchasing a Family Package, which included seven seats or more, was approximately $1,000.
- A seven-seater SUV is much more fuel efficient compared to a larger SUV that has 3rd row.
- A reclining 3rd-row seat would improve rider comfort. The seats can be folded flat and split 50/50, allowing for flexible seating & storage.
Cons of third-row seats:
- Because the second line must be moved forward in order to make room for the third row, passengers in the second row have less legroom.
- There is limited head and leg room in the third row. It’s planned something else for kids and more modest or more limited grown-ups.
- There are no spare tires & these tires usually are flat. It usually costs more to replace these. When the 3rd row is in use, almost half of its cargo space will be lost.
There are advantages to choosing Rogue. Has a 3rd row, particularly for any family with little children who require additional seating. However, a road trip for some groups of 6 or 7 adults with limited storage space will likely be uncomfortable. Rogue’s third row receives mixed reviews. The majority of vehicle experts thought it was a small and futile seating system. They were pleased when they saw it disappear. For example, a family with young children who chose the 3rd row found out that it is a very cost-effective and convenient option. Crossovers in the Rogue class are popularly known for their comfort and five-passenger storage capacity. Seating Capacity and Rows in Nissan SUVs The popular compact, midsize SUVs & full-size crossovers made by Nissan each provide families & drivers with a distinct experience. To make the most of your family’s adventures in Michigan, the new Pathfinders midsize crossover & Armada full-sized SUV comes standard with third-row seating. The Armada and Pathfinder are your last options if you’re looking for new Nissan SUVs that have 3rd-row seats. The popular Rogue and Murano, two other famous Nissan crossovers SUVs, offer seating for about five people in the second row. Let’s review Nissan’s popular SUVs and crossovers, including their seating configurations and cargo space:
- The mid-sized crossover SUVs Pathfinder: Seating for about seven people in the third row & up to eight seats in the third row of the Murano mid-sized crossover SUV. There are seats in the second row that can hold about five people and Complete inside Volume in Nissan third Line cars. If you have directed your search to Pathfinder & Armada with a third row, you should compare the total volume of passengers or seating space and the cargo capacity of their cabins. The EPA has given the 2020 Pathfinder a rating of 170.2 cubic feet of inner volume, while the full-sized Armada has about 171.1 cubic feet. The full-sized Armada and the midsize Pathfinder both have comparable total seating capacity for families, but the Armada has the option of seating eight or seven people. The Pathfinder only has seven seats, so it only has a roomy interior. Beyond the number of seats and rows, we can see that larger Armada has better cargo-towing capabilities. The expandable cargo holds a maximum of 95.4 cubic feet when the seats in the second and third rows are folded down. With its seats folded flat, the midsize Pathfinder, on the other hand, has 79.5 cubic feet of cargo space.
Are you in need of 3rd Row seats?
Even though the Rogue doesn’t have a third row, you can still get a Nissan. However, if you want a 3rd-row seat in new models, you will have to upgrade to a big SUV and spend more. Regardless of the vehicle you choose, the 3rd row of seats costs money. If you’re looking for smaller SUVs, you may be able to find an older Rogue model that already has a 3rd row installed. Nissan does not appear to be considering reintroducing the 3rd-row option, which was discontinued by the 2018 model. If you occasionally require additional seating at a significantly lower cost, it’s worth investigating. When looking for a 3rd row Rogue, search for the models that are older than 2018 & have the Family Package already installed in an S/SV trim level. Additionally, bear in mind that the Hybrid model lacked the 3rd-row option. Nissan offers great options with a lot of space & comforts for the 3rd row in SUVs. Just avoid older Rogues with third rows.
What is the cost of upgrading to third-row seating?
In the more recent Nissan Rogues, upgrading to 3rd-row seating is not an option. As a result, if you want the 3rd row, you only have a few choices. Upgrading to Nissan Pathfinder, which has a third row, is the first option. The base model of the 2022 Rogue costs $27,150, while the base model of the 2022 Pathfinder costs $34,640. As a result, this upgrade will cost you about $7,000. A second-hand Rogue manufactured between 2013 & 2017 is an additional option. You could likewise decide to adopt the Do-It-Yourself strategy and introduce the third line all alone. The seats themselves would set you back about $300, based on the prices that are currently available on eBay. The components and labor would then be your responsibility.
Can one install the additional seats by their selves?
You always have the option of installing the additional seats yourself on the Nissan Rogue. The vehicle’s length did not change from the 2nd to 3rd generations, so the 3rd row can fit. However, before you decide to install the seats, there are a few things you have to know:
- Firstly, you will avoid any Rogue-specific warranties. Second, the compact SUV’s cargo space in the back will be significantly reduced, as will the amount of legroom for the 2nd & 3rd rows.
- If you wish to proceed with the seat installation, you will need to locate seats that are made specifically for Nissan Rogue.
- They will be available from a variety of aftermarket vendors.
- To take off the carpet coating, you will have to remove the accessory parts and use a drill. The back floor panels must be removed from there to show the metal flooring. Bolts will have to be used to affix the brackets to the wall. Re-securing the flooring would be required.
- After that, you can secure the 3rd-row seat to the bracket by using the required bolts.
- If there are car seats involved, the additional seats might be just what you need.
What other comparable compact SUVs have third-row seating?
A 3rd row is only found in a selected few compact SUVs. Rather, full-sized or large SUVs are more commonly known for having a third row that can seat two more people. Compact SUVs include Mazda CX-5, Honda CR-V, Subaru Forester & Chevy Equinox. A third-row SUV is not offered by any of them. Third-row seats are no longer available on Toyota RAV4 either. In the 4th generation, it vanished. However, one was provided by the 3rd generation. The following are examples of smaller SUVs with a third row:
- Acura MDX and;
- Infiniti XQ60
However, most argue that these are medium size and standard-size SUVs as opposed to being “reduced.”
Frequently Asked Questions – 3rd Row Nissan RogueInterior
Which of the Nissan Rogues has a third-row seat?
One of the most well-liked crossover SUVs for families is the Nissan Rogue. Despite the fact that neither the 2020 nor the 2021 models include the third row, these compact SUVs still have ample room for the entire family. Can seven people fit in the Nissan Rogue? There are five seats in the recent Nissan Rogue, but there is no 3rd-row seat.
Is Nissan Rogue open inside?
The extra space in Rebel is liberal, with a greatest 43.3 inches front and center & 38.5 inches in the back. No matter where you sit, the interior of the Rogue has been thoughtfully designed to make you feel more pampered and individual. Click to discover the unforeseen aspect of craftsmanship.
Can the Nissan Rogue accommodate six people?
With five seats, the model of the 2023 Nissan Rogue comfortably accommodates small families that have 1 or 2 children. The 2023 Nissan Rogue is a great family SUV due to its low fuel consumption, generous standard features & 2nd rows of roomy seats for up to 5 people.
Is it possible to add a third-row seat to my Nissan Rogue?
Only the S & SV trim of the 2017 Nissan Rogue model features an optional 3rd row of seats. Behind the second row, there is a 50/50 split -bench seating for the third row in both models.
What Nissan model has seven seats?
If you are a Nissan customer searching for an SUV, then the Nissan 7-seater might be on your wish list. The Pathfinder & the Armada are two Nissan SUVs with seven seats, while other Nissan models have five-seater options.
Which SUV rivals the Rogue in size?
In particular, the 2022 model Nissan Murano is 0.9″ taller compared to the 2022 Nissan Rogue, is 3.0 inches wider and is 9.8 inches longer. The 2022 Nissan Murano offers 2.7 cubic feet more inside passenger volume compared to the 2022 Nissan Maverick.
Does a Nissan Rogue have eight seats?
Models of the Nissan Rogue The Nissan Rogue, a small SUV with five passengers, is available in 4-trim levels in 2023:S, SL, Platinum, and SV. The 1.5-liter turbocharged 3-cylinder engine that powers them all is mated to a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT), producing 201 horsepower and 225 lb-ft of torque.
Conclusion – 3rd Row Nissan Rogue Interior
Despite the fact that the Rogue does not have a 3rd row of seats any longer, this does not really mean that you should avoid this vehicle. You could look for a model that was manufactured prior to 2018 if your entire mind is on the Nissan Rogue & totally need the 3rd row of seats. The S or SV trim level is the best for this car because it has more comfort, smart key entry power, a driver’s seat & push-button start. It also comes with the Family Package, which gives you the third row of seats you need. If you decide that a seven-passenger SUV is the best choice for you and your family, you still have options even though there is no longer the third row. You need to decide whether you like the Nissan brand or the Rogue in general. You might want to buy a Rogue from the second generation or upgrade to the Nissan Pathfinder. On the other hand, many manufacturers offer third-row SUVs if you’re looking for one.