A legal luminary, seasoned scholar and internationally acclaimed expert, Prof. Yemi Oke is about now consulting major political actors and notable leaders in Ogun State, particularly Ogun Central, with a view to vying for a slot to represent Ogun Central at the National Assembly (if credibility and track records woukd now matter):
(1) Prof. Yemi Oke was born 49 years at Itoko-Arinlese, Abeokuta, Abeokuta South, Ogun State.
(2) He went to the famous BBHS-Baptist Boys’ High School; University of Ilorin (LL.B); Nigerian Law School (B.L) and Osgoode Hall Law School of the York University, Ontario, Canada (on full scholarships), for his LL.M and P.hD.
(3) He had early exposure to Nigerian and Ogun Politics in the early 1980s through his Late Dad, Chief Kasali Oke and Late Uncle, Chief Muftau Osayemi (Baba Oja). He began plying active politics from the 1989 Zero party era till date.
(4) He was twice contestant for the Abeokuta South Federal Constituency at the House of Representatives, in 2007 and 2011.
(5) He has served in several agencies, commissions bodies and other statutory institutions in Ogun State and at Federal level as technical expert and consultant.
(6) He is an Egba High Chief, as BADA-BAAMOFIN OF EGBALAND. He holds other chieftaincy titles in Egba kingdom.
(7) Prof. Yemi Oke is a member of Abeokuta Club; Abeokuta Sports Club; Abeokuta Golf Club; Unilag Senior Staff Club; Federal Civil Service Club, and other several social clubs in Lagos and Abeokuta.
(8) He is a Professor of Law at the Faculty of Law, University of Lagos.
(9) Prof. Oke is also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitration of Nigeria (FCArb).
(10) He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (FCITN).
(11) He is the pioneering Electricity Law scholar in Africa, and foremost Energy law expert of African origin globally.
(12) PYO, as he is fondly called, has written 10 major law textbooks on Energy Law, Electricity Law; International Institutions, and over 120 law articles in international and local journals.
(13) He is the Managing Partner/Founding Principal, MJS PARTNERS, which also has other subsidiaries.
(14) Prof. Yemi Oke is married with children.
(15) He seeks to offer knowledge-based, credible political representation for Ogun Central in the unfolding political dispensation on or about the year 2023 under the platform of APC (if, and only if credibility and track records now matter) to Ogun people and the stakeholders of Ogun Central Senatorial District
COMMITTEE FOR CREDIBLE ALTERNATIVES -“CFCA”
(P-YO ’23 SENATE)